Ethiopia: Country Representative, Ethiopia - Ethiopia
The Country Representative will serve as the Chief Representative and Fiduciary Officer for PCI Ethiopia. S/he will lead the organization’s integrated development program portfolio which includes health interventions, health systems strengthening, community mobilization, and services to vulnerable children and youth.
The leadership responsibilities of the position include ensuring quality program design and implementation, overall financial management, resource mobilization, coordinating implementation partners, development of new cutting-edge programs, human capital management, timely and quality program monitoring, evaluation and documentation, and liaison with relevant ministries, donors, partners, and other national and international agencies and stakeholders.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fully participate as an organizational leader, locally and globally, serving as a member of PCI’s Global Leadership Team.
- Actively engage in the execution of PCI’s strategic plan.
- Represent PCI in leading or participating in Consortium managed programs, ensuring deliverables and representing PCI’s core values.
- Represent PCI with national and international donors, being accountable for program implementation.
- Represent PCI in engaging with Government, especially Government partners in achieving mutually agreed results.
Program Management and Implementation:
Provide supervisory level technical leadership to PCI program areas such as food security, climate change, community health, women empowerment and disaster risk management.
Ensure optimal standards of program quality are met through management systems and adhering to PCI’s Gold Standards.
Ensure quality and timely delivery results of technical and implementation partners by adhering to partner management systems and liaising with Directors of Partner Agencies.
Plan, implement and periodically review and modify management systems, within guidelines of PCI’s operating procedures.
- Conduct field visits to project communities to review quality and coverage of projects, as well as level of community participation and awareness.
Lead by coordinating senior managers in timely implementation and meeting targets.
Lead through facilitating dialogue between CoPs, Project Managers, technical experts of PCI’s International Office and Technical Experts of donor agencies.
Mentor Senior Managers and project teams in the best practices of program and quality management and bridging gaps in leadership skills of managers; and promoting innovation.
Financial Management and Administration:
Ensure effective financial management of PCI-Ethiopia.
Lead in financial stability adhering to budget, avoiding/managing risks and appropriate financial planning.
Ensure adherence to PCI’s financial protocols and compliance with PCI Gold Standards for internal financial controls.
Coordinate preparation of annual budget for and supervise effective execution of the budget.
- Ensure program-finance coordination resulting in cost effectiveness in project implementation.
- Coordinate internal and external audits and strive to excel in financial management.
- Assure compliance with GoE’s procedures and PCI’s Cooperative Agreements/Grants in Ethiopia
- Lead in finalizing, problem solving and conflict resolution with partner financial planning and execution.
- Lead in meeting quality and timely reporting requirements.
- Ensure adherence and implementation of administration procedures such as procurement, gender and whistle blower policies.
- Facilitate appropriate communication between PCI Ethiopia and other stakeholders namely International Office (IO) staff, donors and Government agencies.
Human Resource Management:
- Direct the recruitment and effective onboarding of employees and consultants for PCI-Ethiopia.
- Ensure consistent and effective development and implementation of PCI’s HR Gold Standards – policies, procedures, structures and tools.
- Lead PCI’s senior management team in providing leadership in program quality, implementation and resource development; and their accountability to deliverables.
- Ensure strong levels of staff morale and engagement, and demonstrate effective, supportive supervision, mentoring and leadership through creating a culture of ONE PCI.
- Ensure compliance with all GoE regulations governing INGOs, employment law and taxation.
Resource and Program Development:
- Responsible for enhancing PCI’s profile in-country building on success stories, innovative approaches and management capacity.
- Identify opportunities, new program initiatives and coordinate proposal developments (with support from PCI IO).
- Identify early winners in each of the projects and promote evidence-based marketing of success.
- Lead in developing a network of international and national partners for consortium based projects.
- Represent PCI in negotiations and coordination with Government of Ethiopia.
- Represent PCI in negotiations and coordination with the various departments and agencies of the U.S. Government and other international donor agencies.
Negotiate and sign agreements as appropriate for PCI projects. Required Skills
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree preferred) plus 10+ years of professional experience with a minimum of 3 years in a similar role, at similar organization level.
5+ years’ experience in the design, implementation, leadership, monitoring and evaluation of complex programs in the technical areas of food security, climate change, disaster risk reduction, community health and women empowerment.
Experience in managing CoP led projects.
Proven experience in results based management, innovation, people management, and facilitating cross-functional teamwork.
- Knowledge of financial management and internal controls in a development environment.
- Experience in managing funds from USAID and other international donor agencies.
- Experience developing new sources of funding from a variety of public and private sources.
- Post Graduate degree (preferably livelihood, health, or international relations, or development studies).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; influencing and marketing skills; presentation skills; and report writing skills.
- Added advantage will be certifications in courses such as PMI, Lean Six Sigma etc.
- Willingness to travel outside Addis to support program implementation.