Hygiene and Sanitation Officer (Re-advertised)
Vacancy No: 102/16
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Do you want to be part of this team?
Would you like to be responsible for ensuring the staffs that are implementing this vision are qualified, motivated and committed to this vision? Please apply and join us!
1. Position: Hygiene and Sanitation Officer
2. Salary: USD 713
3. Place of Work: Borana (Yabello)
4. Closing Date: 7 days from the announcement
5. Number of vacant posts: 1 (One)
6. Term of employment: Temporary
7. Contract Duration: Until December 31, 2016
8. Duty starting date: Immediately
The purpose of the Hygiene and Sanitation Officer position is to oversee the development of CARE’s work in line with priorities identified in the Long Range Strategic Plan (LRST). The position holder will also provide technical advice in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of sanitation and hygiene components of projects. S/he is also responsible to build the capacity of CARE staff and its partners in technical issues pertinent to the sector and develop and strengthen partnerships among sector stakeholders, government departments and NGOs for effective collaboration and co-ordination.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Involve in Developing, update and organise hygiene and sanitation promotion materials, standard training manuals for partners at different level, communities and project staffs.
· Organize, facilitate and follow trainings for grass root level undertakings and provide for
· Fully handle the distribution of water chemical treatment and follow as well as monitor effectiveness
· Provide technical support to Woreda in field level supervision, properly follow up the supervision works, and collect reports, compile and timely feedback.
· Organizes hygiene & Sanitation promotion programmes at community and school level with the aim of creating awareness in the Community to reduce health problems due to poor sanitation and hygiene.
· Facilitate and participate in establishment of school sanitation clubs and strengthen the ongoing ones.
· Coordinate water source/point water quality tests and timely treatment as if required.
· Document hygiene and sanitation intervention process and its effect/ contribution to address underline cause of poverty and thereby positively impacts women’s and girls’ life.
· Prepare different trainings for partners consulting other programme staffs, for instance; school communities, HEWs, and CBOs and monitor and evaluate level of effectiveness
· Arrange facilitative and supportive supervision programs to oversee and monitor hygiene and sanitation activities progress in intervention areas;
· Organize Community sanitation campaigns and school girls menstruation hygiene management
· Collect best lessons and report to his/her supervisors and share to other concerned bodies/sectors.
§ BSc in Environmental Health and other related education and work experiences
3-4 years of relevant experience in the area of hygiene and sanitation.
Knowledge of the local language (Oromiffa) is an advantage.
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, managing performance for success, building commitment, coaching, building partnership, innovation, planning and organizing, problem solving, information monitoring, contributing to team success.
Closing date: Jul 28, 2016
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment which contribute to your learning and development and if you are inspired by CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision and if you want to be a part of our work, please forward your: CV (not more than 3 page) and cover letter (not more than one page) to