Publication and Documentation Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
Job responsibility # 1 General
- Ensure all edition , communication, publication and documentation activities of EPHA are performed in accordance with the operational policies and working guidelines
- Establish work priorities and provide action as required to meet deliverables
- Report the progress and accomplishment of activities undertaken
Job Responsibility # 2: Editorial Activities
- The Publication and Documentation Coordinator and Editor performs editorial works to ensure the quality grammar, composition, and other related language proficiency works of EPHA publications and official correspondences up to its professional standard. Key responsibilities include editing all publication mainly Ethiopian Journal of Health Development (EJHD), Health digest, Felege -Tena newsletter , Proceedings, Abstract book, Annual reports, Minutes, and reports, Website articles and news, Concept Notes, Project proposals and reports, EPHA official speeches, EPHA official letters, Special publications and others.
Job Responsibility # 3: Communication Activities
- Take the lead in promoting all the major activities undertaken by EPHA and disseminate findings of major activities to the members, government institutions, donors and other stakeholders using written and electronic media;
- Keep records of operational progress, various meetings and other events both in written and audio-visual forms;
- Initiate and maintain strong network with different media agencies to disseminate information to the public;
- Manage the dissemination of news stories using various mediums including the EPHA website, social media accounts and the quarterly Felegetena newsletter.
- Ensures filming and video recording of EPHA’s projects, major events and activities;
Job Responsibility # 4: Publication Activities
- Ensure that all published materials produced in the Association adheres to EPHA’s standards, including for editorial quality, typographical accuracy, and design
- Manage and produce regular and special Edition publications.
- Oversee the course of production and facilitate printing of various publications and ensure they meet the standards
- Involve in writing articles, editing content written by the publication officer/s and checking material to ensure accuracy and free of plagiarism.
- Follow up the graphic design work and printing of various EPHA publications at EPHA or external publishers
Job Responsibility # 5: Documentation and Networking.
- Develop, and implement strategic public relations programs and stakeholder communication plans with all internal and external stakeholders, enhance the profile and reputation as well as the positive image of the Association;
- Keep up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice examples within the country and internationally.
- Document and share best practices and lessons learned by EPHA to members and other stakeholders;
- Produce quarterly, and annual performance reports to the Supervisor
Job Responsibility # 6: IT Activities
- Responsible in managing all Information Technology (IT) related activities of the Association including website administration, IT infrastructure and security system and system development.
Job Responsibility # 7: Staff Management
- Manages, supervises, leads guides and supports the staff responsible to her/him;
- Evaluates the performance of staff members under her/his supervision periodically.
Job Responsibility # 8: Others
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by her/his immediate supervisor.
Duration of Employment
- One year with the possibility of extension based on performance assessment
- MSc. /MA in Journalism, Communication, Foreign Language and Literature, International Relations or any other related social science studies. In addition to the above, B.Sc. / BA in Public Health is an advantage and plus.
- 5 years relevant work experience
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Proficiency in both verbal and written English;
- Editing experience is mandatory
- IT Diploma is desirable and Strong Adequate IT background
- Health background is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Internet)
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of professionals.
Closing date: Aug 05, 2016
Interested applicants shall submit their application at HRs and Administration’s Office / Reception desk in person.
Application deadline: August 5, 2016
Address; Ethiopian Public Health Association (EPHA)
The office: gray G+4 Building located on the way to “Mekel Flower” by the Dreamliner Hotel
P. o .Box 7117, Addis Ababa Ethiopia