Human Resources Assistant
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
In the international education sector, from our longstanding work in post-apartheid South Africa to innovative work in Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA), including recently in Ethiopia, RTI works to improve education quality, relevance, access, and efficiency around the world.
RTI is recruiting for the USAID Ethiopia READ-TA education project, focused on curriculum revision and textbook development. We are looking for proven performance in a variety of areas, with knowledge and experience in implementing evidence-based approaches to instructional improvement. READ TA has 3-cross-cutting themes: gender, inclusive education and technology.
Job Summary: Under the guidance and functional supervision of the READ TA HR Specialist, the HR Assistant shall be responsible to support Human Resource documentation processes for various actions; answer requests and provide information to staff in liaising with other offices as appropriate.
- Create and maintain employees’ personnel files, ensures all documentation is complete; maintain & update confidential personnel information with relevant documents kept in their respective files.
- Work in liaison with project HR Manager on staffing to facilitate recruitment for all staff.
- Assemble applications for screening and short-listing by recruitment panels; arrange to conduct testing and interviews of short-listed candidates: correspond to applicants and conduct reference checks.
- Prepare new hire orientation packages and schedule staff orientation programs, make available documentation package for reference and facilitate the orientation sessions on HR policies and procedures.
- Preparation of READ TA staff monthly payroll information: Ensure that salary adjustment information, overtime entries on timesheets, hours of work, leave information are captured accurately.
- Verify benefit claims for accuracy – medical expense and liaise with the service provider for conformance. Facilitate new employee enrolment in the benefits schemes (Workers Compensation Insurance, Medical cover).
- In coordination with the READ TA HR Manager, assist project management team in monitoring contractual status of all staff to ensure the timely issuance of contract renewals.
- Check and maintain leave reports for Project staff on a monthly basis records and communicate leave balance to all on quarterly basis.
- Ensures that staffs complete timesheets properly and timely at the end of every month.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Administration.
- At least two years of experience in Human Resources Management.
- Comprehensive understanding in Private Organizations Employees’ Pension administration.
- Experience of working with international organization is preferred.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects is an added advantage.
- Excellent Experience utilizing computers – word processing, spreadsheet.
- Keen on details with good analytical skills.
- General knowledge on rules, regulations and procedures governing human resources administration.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Closing date: Aug 03, 2016
RTI invites eligible candidates to indicate their interest in the position no later than August 3
, 2016. Females are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications should consist of cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, all credentials along with a SALARY PROOOF SHOWING CURRENT EARNING and 3 professional references, the person’s telephone number and an email address.