Junior Category Manager – Local Procurement
The Category Manager will work cross-functionally within Ethiopian Trading Business Corporation Consumer Products Business Unit (ALLE Bejimla) and externally with different suppliers to optimize procurement, pricing, promotion and assortment with the goal of maximizing profit maximization and customers’ satisfaction. The Category Manager will draw on the latest industry trends, leverage customer insights, and use best-in-class technology in the procurement processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manages relationships with different suppliers including: vendor selection, vendor performance management, relationship management and promotions.
· Develops, manages, updates and reports performances against the purchasing plan required to achieve ALLE’s objectives and goals; Monitors the procurement of product as per budget and company procedures.
· Actively participate in procurement processes as needed including review of specifications and cost evaluations;
· Tracks orders and assure system lead times, delivery date requirements, and costs. Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
· Works closely with other department staff to review and negotiate all purchase payment discounts, replenishments and ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedure.
· Actively participate in management of supplier performance (quality, reliability, delivery, cost, etc.). Provide regular performance feedback to suppliers, and drive corrective actions as required.
· Enforce terms and conditions of purchase orders and other agreements in compliance with legal requirements and ALLE’s company policy. Resolve non-conformance issues, back-charges and claims in a timely manner to minimize the company’s loss.
· Conduct researches to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
· Follow up timely settlement of outstanding documents and payments. And keep all required records and files in professional manner;
· Perform related duties as assigned by the management.
· Bachelor degree in procurement, supply management or management/business management.
· 4-10 years’ experience in category management (local and international procurement) preferably in FMCG business (including rice, edible oil, etc.);
· Deep understanding of relevant supply markets/supply chains (including knowledge of local and international manufacturers and suppliers).
· Excellent communication skills: the ability to send and receive information clearly and concisely
· Strong planning/organizing skills: the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
· Teamwork is essential with ability to work very closely with cross-functional teams as well as the suppliers.
· High proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and FMCG management related software.
Closing date: Aug 01, 2016