Senior Sales and Distribution Officer
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Position Title: Senior Sales and Distribution Officer
Department/Program: Product Supply Chain and Distribution
Reports to: Sr. Supply Chain and Distribution Manager
Place of work: South and West South Corridor (Based in Addis Ababa with frequent travel within the corridor)
Duration of Contract: Indefinite Period based on performance and availability of Fund
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/E benefits
Application Deadline: August 19, 2016
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia seeks Senior Sales and Distribution Officer who is responsible for the sales and distribution of all PSI/Ethiopia products and creation of linkage between retailers, wholesalers and PSI/Ethiopia.
- You will prepare and implement monthly sales and distribution plan for all PSI/Et products based on the annual institutional sales and distribution target to your corridor.
- You will also create the required demand through promotion, identify the recommend capable wholesalers and water vendors and facilitate their recruitment and create well established and documented lower-up network or linkage in the sales and distribution channel, i.e. retail outlets-wholesalers-PSI/Et.
- You are also responsible to ensure standard quality of coverage indicators (i.e., accessibility, availability and visibility point of sales materials and products on each targeted facilities and retail outlets and follow up RRP and utilization of products before their expiry date) for the sales and distribution of all PSI/Et products.
- You will visit 25 facilities daily though phone and ask them for order, information, technical support if they need any; and visit at least 15 facilities per day during field work and forward the order collected from retailers to wholesalers.
- You will ensure continuous supply of products to targeted facilities, sales and distribution of products based on the available demand and utilization of products within their shelf life and tries to identify gaps in the sales & distribution system and give technical assistance to correct the gaps.
- You will assist our commodity partners in order them to handle the commodities according to the expected standards.
- You will also work closely with finance team to control the credit limit and settle their credit within due date for credit customers.
- BA Degree or Diploma in Sales, Marketing, Pharmacy, Business Management or related field of studies.
- 2/4 years of experience in relevant work.
Competencies and other skill:
- Computer literate.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic Languages.
- 3rd grade driving license with actual driving experience.
Closing date: Aug 19, 2016
or using the following mailing address before/or August 19, 2016 and we will call or e‐mail you back if you qualify the requirements above.