ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Administrative Assistant-Operations
Term of Employment: One year with possible extension
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: August 22, 2016
The Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) has been established by the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) to identify and address systemic bottlenecks to Ethiopia’s agricultural development. The Agency does this through problem-solving, implementation support, and capacity building of stakeholders involved in implementation of interventions that address the systemic bottlenecks. The Agency reports to a Transformation Council chaired by the Prime Minister and whose co-chair is the Minister of Agriculture.
The programmatic focus of the Agency responds to a core set of needs identified by the Ministry of Agriculture and the Transformation Council. Within the Agency, issues are divided into four different groups: Production and Productivity which includes Inputs and Crop Protection, Livestock, Research and Extension, Mechanization, Rural Finance & Agro-Processing Value Addition; Agribusiness and Markets including Market Services, Market Infrastructure, Commercial & Contract Farming, Domestic and Export Market Development, and Cooperatives Development; Environmentally Sustainable and Inclusive Agricultural Growthincluding Sustainable Irrigation & Watershed Management, Sustainable Land Management, Gender Equality and Nutrition, Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management, and Planning and MLE; and Enhanced Implementation Capacity which includes ICT, Private Sector, and Organizational and Human Capacity. Across the programs, the ATA engages public, private and non-governmental stakeholders to support strategic planning, manage and strengthen implementation capacity and test innovative models.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Director Operations, the Administrative Assistant is responsible to perform administrative and office support activities in a fast moving environment. The Administrative Assistant is a key member of the team who provides a wide and varied range of administrative and organizational support to the Senior Director Operations in particular and to other members of the team in general. Efficiency, attention to detail, flexibility, and good judgment are critical to this role to ensure smooth operations of the team.
- Schedule appointments/meetings and manage calendars for the senior director
- Takes minutes of meetings and distributes to participants
- Follow up, process and compile monthly reports come from different departments
- Schedule and plan for on-site as well as off-site meetings, conferences, and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, preparing and disseminating materials for Senior Director, Operations and team members as appropriate
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects across multiple teams
- Assist the Team in administrative and office support activities such as preparing/writing letters, memorandums; compiling presentations filing and faxing to the appropriate agencies
- Maintaining of mini- store; initiating repairing of office machines
- Create, modify and/or maintain organized files and records
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries
- Acting as liaison for team with internal & external partners, answering questions, and routing requests appropriately
- Demonstrate effectiveness meeting deadlines in a role requiring continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials
- Request Stationary, and other fast moving supplies from store to maintain readily usable stock
- Work as communication focal person for the division
- Work proactively and take initiatives to support the varying needs of the team
- Other duties as requested by the Senior Director
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.