Vacancy No: 107/16
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Position: Security Officer
Salary: USD 143
Place of Work: Adama
Closing Date: 10 days from the announcement
Number of vacant posts: 1 (One)
Term of employment: Regular
Duty starting date: Immediately
The purpose of Security Officer Position is to maintain security of office compound and vehicles parked inside and outside compound, clean the compound, water garden and to check and direct visitors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
· Guards the compound from unauthorized visitors and the properties inside by day and night;
· Patrols areas and checks doors, gates and windows for signs of unauthorized entry;
· Opens gates to allow entrance of exit for authorized employees and other persons following check;
· Reports irregularities such as broken water pipes, fencing and light bulbs to the immediate supervisor;
· Checks travelers and their hand luggage to detect concealed weapons and explosives when deemed necessary;
· Maintains and complete daily observation register;
· Handles weapons properly and according to procedure and guideline given by the immediate supervisor.
· Ensures that any driver or staff has an authorized vehicle request form when taking out a CARE’s vehicle from the compound;
· Collects copies of all gate passes used and report to immediate supervisor;
· Records vehicles mileage.
· Ensures that the vehicles of CARE, staff and visitors are safe while parked outside and inside the compound;
· Identify strange visitors and inform immediate supervisor promptly if suspicious.
· Cleans compound and ensure that it is neat and tidy every day;
- Waters and maintains the garden inside the compound.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
· 12th grade complete
§ Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
§ Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, interpersonal skill, patience, information monitoring, stress tolerance, customer focus.
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment which contribute to your learning and development and if you are inspired by CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision and if you want to be a part of our work, please forward your: CV and cover letter to
Applicants around Adama can submit their application to CARE Ethiopia Adama Central Warehouse Kebele 02 Telephone Number 0221 113362.