Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Analysis Officer
SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES ETHIOPIA IS CHANGING AND GROWING! COME JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS TODAY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF CHILDREN THROUGHOUT ETHIOPIA!
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is a national member association to the International Federation of SOS Children’s Villages. It is non- political, not-for-profit, and non-religious social development organization focused on the wellbeing and development of children. It was founded in 1974 and has been a development partner since then with positive outcomes in the lives of many children, families and communities.
The SOS Children’s Village Program Gode is looking for a competent and able Monitoring, Evaluation, Rating and Analysis (MERA) Officer that meets the requirements stated bellow.
The job holder plays a leading role in the implementation of a comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation system for the effective implementation of programs and projects as well as be responsible for leading and coordinating activities pertaining to M&E at program location. The MERA Officer, in collaboration with and active participation of program location’s colleagues, will also design and implement strategies that aim at building the capacity of program staffs and thereby ensure the strict incorporation of the M&E activities into their plan and its implementation. Moreover, s/he will use well informed and up-to-date approaches to ensure the use of technically appropriate M&E models and information systems. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
General aim of the position
As per the organization’s Monitoring and Evaluation policy, guideline, procedures and standards, carry out planned Monitoring and Evaluation activities in various departments and projects and ensure the strict adherence to the internal and external stakeholders’ M&E requirements.
- Ensure the strict implementation of the organization’s M&E guide, tools and templates across the program location;
- Lead and actively participate in monitoring, reporting, evaluation and research activities to be carried out in the program location and ensure that it is conducted in line with agreed ethical principles.
- Ensure the development and implementation of program location’s M&E plan; and provide direct technical support to program staffs to prepare M&E plan for their respective units/departments.
- Provide hands-on technical assistance to staffs in designing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting for donor financed/funded projects;
- Support partner organizations (as need arises) in developing an M&E framework and thereby to monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of their planned programs.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support on M&E to program staff who are keen to develop strategic approaches to improving M&E within their programs/projects;
- Support the program location while carrying out dialogue with key partners to ensure that M&E issues are considered meaningfully and in a manner that can be achievable;
- Manage and support the regular and quality data collection, storage and collation processes at the program location.
- Design and implement M&E training programs that aims at building the capacity of program staff;
- Support program location’s strategic and annual plan preparation process including clear target setting, development of M&E indicators as well as plan alignment with the national strategic direction.
- Prepare and/or consolidate program location’s monthly, quarterly, six monthly and annual M & E reports and submit to internal & external stakeholders in time.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in M&E and network with other organizations for sharing best practices and technical assistance.
- Support and contribute to the organization-wide M&E learning through documentation and sharing of lessons and practices
- Performs other similar duties as assigned by the Program Director;
Competencies and Education Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Social Science or other related fields
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in managing and executing Monitoring and Evaluation activities
- Experience in designing and implementation of surveys and other data collection techniques,
- Demonstrated familiarity with and understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation techniques; and developing and monitoring both output and outcome indicators;
- Oral and written fluency in English and Amharic;
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove your from consideration.