The driver will provide safe, transport services for Mercy Corps program and support staff in area of responsibility. The driver will adhere to all traffic and Mercy Corps safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the Mercy Corps PALM department. The position holder also will be responsible to support the program and operation team in field activities and will handle different assignments assigned by the field team leader.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follow the national/local laws required for safe and legal driving.
- Provide safe and timely transportation to authorized passengers; do not operate the vehicle until drivers and passengers are wearing their seatbelts; do not provide transportation to unauthorized passengers.
- Immediately report any losses, serious malfunctions, or accidents; ensure all agency vehicles are in good working order and all necessary equipment is in each vehicle by checking and reporting daily to the supervisor.
- Ensure excellent working condition of vehicles through regular inspection and maintenance, including keeping fuel tanks full, checking oil, water, fluid, and tire pressure, etc.
- Be responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment including: tools, first aid kits, spare parts, etc.
- Clean the exterior and interior of vehicle on regular basis.
- Adhere to driver duty list, and obtain appropriate signatures after every job.
- Maintain and keep vehicle logbook with appropriate signoffs.
- Maintain files of all necessary paperwork for agency vehicles (including fuel and maintenance reports); ensure that all vehicles are carrying complete paperwork, including proof of insurance.
- Provide receipts for all transportation expenses and follow procedures of established purchase plan for all necessary vehicle equipment.
- Make purchases and participate with procurement team when ever necessary.
- Back stops and works closely with team on field to support logistical arrangement of activities, and to keep schedule of transport needs in duty station and to field.
- Ensure that vehicle is available and appropriately packed for all field trips.
- Supports arranging logistical requirements for workshops in town or field
- Serves as cashier for meetings and workshops, especially at field sites away from office
- Support participant registration and manage refreshment and other similar activities during training and workshop – particularly in the field,
- Supports video and photo documentation of various activities.
- Display a willingness and ability to work respectfully and effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
Any other task or responsibility assigned by agency management staff
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· 10/12 grade complete.
· 3rd or 4th grade valid driving license with at least five (5) or four (4) years driving experience.
· Five years and above experience working in NGO as driver and field support
· Excellent driving skills and driving record.
· Good knowledge of the area, routes to projects and ability to read a map.
· Good technical knowledge of vehicles and basic maintenance.
· Good speaking and writing English language.
· Knowledge of the local languages where the project operates (Somali and Oromifa)
· Professionalism and self-motivation expected at all times.
Closing date: Aug 06, 2016
“Women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
r style=’margin-top:0in;margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:.5in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center; line-height:normal’>