Public health safety and control, Health products quality assurance
Deloitte Consulting Plc. in collaboration with Management Sciences for Health and Crown Agents Limited is participating in a five years health project funded by DFID. The project, ‘Technical Assistance for Sustaining and Accelerating Primary Health in Ethiopia (SAPHE)’ is designed to support the Ministry of Health, its Agencies, and Regional Health Bureaus for improving functionality, efficiency and quality of the primary health care units. In addition, it is designed to help the Ministry of Health increase financing for health, and financial protection against unplanned health expenditure and for DFID to assess its health investment in Ethiopia.
Deloitte Consulting Plc. is the Ethiopian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a leading professional services network of organizations delivering consulting, audit advisory, tax, and finance advisory services, with over 225,000 partners and staff in 154 countries. We serve over 80% of Fortune Global 500 companies and have a well-developed information sharing system that enables us to utilize intellectual capital anywhere in the world. We are also recognized as Africa’s leading provider of advisory services in health sector reform and strengthening, health financing, systems development and social protection. We have over 7,600 healthcare professionals employed on projects in the health sector throughout 76 countries. These professionals are providing consulting and advisory services in health systems.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH): Since 1971, MSH has worked to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. With experience in more than 140 countries and, through a multinational staff of more than 2,300, MSH works to empower governments, health providers, universities, civil society organizations, and the private sector to strengthen their public health capacity through culturally sensitive, action-oriented, sustainable, and replicable approaches. MSH has worked in Ethiopia since 2003 and are currently involved in five projects, focusing on leadership and governance, tuberculosis, human resources for health, pharmaceuticals; and supply chains.
Crown Agents Limited: is an international development company that partners with Governments, Donors, NGOs and the Private Sector in nearly 100 countries. Crown Agents delivers a cohesive contextual approach to five key development areas; Health, Humanitarian Response, Governance, Economic Growth and Supply Chain. Our Consultancy helps nations achieve deep-rooted change in the institutions and systems that are vital for nations’ prosperity and wellbeing.
As part of the continuing technical assistance we provide, the consortium is seeking to identify suitably qualified national andinternational experts who meet the general requirements below for long term project inputs in Ethiopia and have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
Component 2: Support the Food, Medicine and Health Care Administration and Control Authority (FMHACA) of Ethiopia
Under this component, we are seeking to identify suitably qualified three national and international experts who meet the general requirements below for long term project inputs in Ethiopia and have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Public health safety and control
- Health products quality assurance
Essential duties and responsibilities
Support the Food, Medicine and Health Care Administration and Control Authority (FMHACA) of Ethiopia for promoting and protecting public health by ensuring safety and quality of health products and services. Specific activities under this task will include, but not limited to:
- Review and if need be support for re-organization of FMHACA to make it fully functional and effective for ensuring the safety and quality of health and health related products, and services;
- Support to FMHACA for refining, setting up of evidence-based standards for critical health products and services, and for dissemination of regulatory information; and,
- Support to FMHACA to improve compliance with adherence to regulatory standards by public and private sector actors including strengthening of regular inspection and accreditation at federal, regional and Woreda levels.
- Bachelor or higher degree in Pharmacy
- A Master’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences, MPH or other relevant discipline
- 8 years’ experience in quality control/assurance, regulatory affairs, ensuring safety and quality of health products and services
- Experience in Health Systems Strengthening, including providing TA to government agencies
- Experience in Laboratory
- Knowledge of relevant statutory legislation, regulations and Ethiopian standards
- Proven capability in developing communication/promotion strategies in the public health space
- Working knowledge of Programme Management, e.g. Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) and agile project management tools and methodologies.
- Exposure to international best practices with regard to product registration, licensing & inspection
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders and ensure timely completion of tasks and deliverables
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Strong management, organizational and co-ordination skills
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, and an ability to apply these in continually improving programme activities and performance
- Outstanding leadership and team building skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and teamwork skills, and ability to relate to others confidently
- Working to deadlines, multi-tasking and being flexible to adapt to changing priorities
- Being proactive and takes initiative
- Intermediate level competence in MS Office packages, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Fluent written and oral English language skills
Important note: Job offer for all positions is dependent on the award of the project to the consortium by DFID.
Closing date: July 28, 2016
Applicants fulfilling the required competencies, qualification and experience can send their application and required credentials by e-mail to Deloitte Consulting Plc., Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, e-mail:
or submit their application in person to the Office at Wollo Sefer, Mina Building, 5th Floor on or before 28
of July 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.