Deloitte Consulting Plc. in collaboration with Management Sciences for Health and Crown Agents Limited is participating in a five years health project funded by DFID. The project, ‘Technical Assistance for Sustaining and Accelerating Primary Health in Ethiopia (SAPHE)’ is designed to support the Ministry of Health, its Agencies, and Regional Health Bureaus for improving functionality, efficiency and quality of the primary health care units. In addition, it is designed to help the Ministry of Health increase financing for health, and financial protection against unplanned health expenditure and for DFID to assess its health investment in Ethiopia.
Deloitte Consulting Plc. is the Ethiopian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a leading professional services network of organizations delivering consulting, audit advisory, tax, and finance advisory services, with over 225,000 partners and staff in 154 countries. We serve over 80% of Fortune Global 500 companies and have a well-developed information sharing system that enables us to utilize intellectual capital anywhere in the world. We are also recognized as Africa’s leading provider of advisory services in health sector reform and strengthening, health financing, systems development and social protection. We have over 7,600 healthcare professionals employed on projects in the health sector throughout 76 countries. These professionals are providing consulting and advisory services in health systems.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH): Since 1971, MSH has worked to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. With experience in more than 140 countries and, through a multinational staff of more than 2,300, MSH works to empower governments, health providers, universities, civil society organizations, and the private sector to strengthen their public health capacity through culturally sensitive, action-oriented, sustainable, and replicable approaches. MSH has worked in Ethiopia since 2003 and are currently involved in five projects, focusing on leadership and governance, tuberculosis, human resources for health, pharmaceuticals; and supply chains.
Crown Agents Limited: is an international development company that partners with Governments, Donors, NGOs and the Private Sector in nearly 100 countries. Crown Agents delivers a cohesive contextual approach to five key development areas; Health, Humanitarian Response, Governance, Economic Growth and Supply Chain. Our Consultancy helps nations achieve deep-rooted change in the institutions and systems that are vital for nations’ prosperity and wellbeing.
As part of the continuing technical assistance we provide, the consortium is seeking to identify suitably qualified national andinternational experts who meet the general requirements below for long term project inputs in Ethiopia and have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
Component 1: Support implementation of HSTP’s health transformation agenda by assisting the Ministerial Transformation Unit (MiTU)
Essential duties and responsibilities
To provide Technical and managerial assistance to the Ministry of Health for HSTP’s Health Transformation Agenda/the Ministerial Initiative for Transformational (MIT) for establishing and a making fully functional a Ministerial Transformation Unit (MiTU). Specific technical and managerial assistance required are:
- Supporting and building capacity of the MiTU to develop and oversee implementation of an internal and external communication around the Health Transformation Agenda;
- Supporting and building capacity of the MiTU to facilitate development of leadership at different level (federal, regional, Woreda) to champion the Transformation Agenda;
- Supporting and building capacity of the MiTU to facilitate identification and recognition of Role Models at federal, regional, Woreda and Kebele level; and,
- Supporting and building capacity of the MiTU to prepare half yearly ‘Balanced Score Card’ for the various directorates and agencies of the Ministry of Health (MoH), Regional Health Bureaus to ascertain their capacity to deliver the Transformation Agenda;
- Supporting and building capacity of the MiTU to facilitate development and implementation of a verification system for model Woreda and Kebele to measure their progress on the Transformation Agenda;
- Supporting and building capacity of the MiTU to prepare monthly report on Health Transformation;
- Supporting and building capacity of the MiTU to facilitate identification and recognition of Role Models at federal, regional, Woreda and Kebele level; and
- Supporting and building capacity of the key directorates and agencies of the FMoH and regions, to accelerate the pace of implementation of the HSTP’s Health Transformation Agenda.
- Master’s degree in a development field, social science, economics, or relevant discipline.
- Experience in internal process such as development of Balanced Score Card
- Experience in the creation and review of Program, Design and Learning budget to provide adequate financial resources for evaluations, special studies and assessments.
- Good understanding of basic monitoring and evaluation concepts, and strong data collection, analysis and reporting skills
- Understanding and familiarity of public health issues.
- Experience working with results frameworks and performance monitoring
- Excellent use of Excel, PowerPoint and statistics software such as EpiInfo, Access, SPSS and STATA
- Excellent planning, management and organizational skills.
- Proven experience in providing input into the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations, special studies and assessments.
- Proven experience in the creation of Performance Monitoring Plan including assessing the validity of the information and indicators that contribute to the plan.
- Experience in designing and conducting internal evaluation of at least one health related program.
- Experience working with large scale programs with government organizations
- Good understanding of the Ethiopian Health Sector
Required Skills and Knowledge for all positions
- Strong management, organizational and co-ordination skills
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, and an ability to apply these in continually improving programme activities and performance
- Outstanding leadership and team building skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and teamwork skills, and ability to relate to others confidently
- Working to deadlines, multi-tasking and being flexible to adapt to changing priorities
- Being proactive and takes initiative
- Intermediate level competence in MS Office packages, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Fluent written and oral English language skills
Important note: Job offer for all positions is dependent on the award of the project to the consortium by DFID.
Closing date: July 28, 2016