Health Economics, Health Financing, Health Public Private Partnership (PPP), Monitoring & Refining Technical Reports
Deloitte Consulting Plc. in collaboration with Management Sciences for Health and Crown Agents Limited is participating in a five years health project funded by DFID. The project, ‘Technical Assistance for Sustaining and Accelerating Primary Health in Ethiopia (SAPHE)’ is designed to support the Ministry of Health, its Agencies, and Regional Health Bureaus for improving functionality, efficiency and quality of the primary health care units. In addition, it is designed to help the Ministry of Health increase financing for health, and financial protection against unplanned health expenditure and for DFID to assess its health investment in Ethiopia.
Deloitte Consulting Plc. is the Ethiopian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a leading professional services network of organizations delivering consulting, audit advisory, tax, and finance advisory services, with over 225,000 partners and staff in 154 countries. We serve over 80% of Fortune Global 500 companies and have a well-developed information sharing system that enables us to utilize intellectual capital anywhere in the world. We are also recognized as Africa’s leading provider of advisory services in health sector reform and strengthening, health financing, systems development and social protection. We have over 7,600 healthcare professionals employed on projects in the health sector throughout 76 countries. These professionals are providing consulting and advisory services in health systems.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH): Since 1971, MSH has worked to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. With experience in more than 140 countries and, through a multinational staff of more than 2,300, MSH works to empower governments, health providers, universities, civil society organizations, and the private sector to strengthen their public health capacity through culturally sensitive, action-oriented, sustainable, and replicable approaches. MSH has worked in Ethiopia since 2003 and are currently involved in five projects, focusing on leadership and governance, tuberculosis, human resources for health, pharmaceuticals; and supply chains.
Crown Agents Limited: is an international development company that partners with Governments, Donors, NGOs and the Private Sector in nearly 100 countries. Crown Agents delivers a cohesive contextual approach to five key development areas; Health, Humanitarian Response, Governance, Economic Growth and Supply Chain. Our Consultancy helps nations achieve deep-rooted change in the institutions and systems that are vital for nations’ prosperity and wellbeing.
As part of the continuing technical assistance we provide, the consortium is seeking to identify suitably qualified national andinternational experts who meet the general requirements below for long term project inputs in Ethiopia and have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
Component 3: Support implementation of the National Health Financing Strategy
Under this component, we are seeking to identify suitably qualified two national and international experts who meet the general requirements below for long term project inputs in Ethiopia and have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Health Economics
- Health Financing
- Health Public Private Partnership (PPP)
- Monitoring & Refining Technical Reports
Essential duties and responsibilities
Support implementation of the National Health Financing Strategy. Specific activities under this task will include, but not limited to, providing high quality technical and managerial support, while building the capacity of the FMoH, in particular of the Resources Mobilization Directorate and Policy and Planning Directorate, to:
- Publish and effectively disseminate the Health Care Financing Strategy (HCFS), including the Public Private Partnership (PPP) strategy;
- Develop a ‘road-map’ for implementing the HCFS and PPP strategies;
- Monitor and produce brief quarterly progress report on the implementation of the HCFS and PPP strategies; and,
- Undertake economic and value-for-money analysis and half yearly and annual joint reviews and assist effective dissemination of their findings to inform strategic direction, investment decisions and to generate efficiency savings.
- Postgraduate degree or alternative postgraduate qualification relevant to the area of expertise sought.
- Relevant experience in the area of health care financing related to health care service delivery preferred, particularly at the primary health care level in Ethiopia.
- Significant experience in the health financing methods including demand and supply side financing. Familiarity with operations research methods desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and ability to produce high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Knowledge of the Ethiopian Health Financing strategies and programs and understanding of practical PPP models and interventions.
- Experience in undertaking studies, analyses and/or assessments, along with compiling, writing and presenting clear and concise reports/documentation, in English, for an executive level audience.
- Minimum of 8 years’ significant project-based or consulting-based experience and track-record of working at a senior level in the areas of expertise sought.
- Good knowledge of the policy, international instruments and recommended international practice relevant to the areas of expertise sought.
- Good interpersonal abilities including flexibility, integrity and the ability to manage complex relationships.
- IT skills and proficiency in the MS Office Suite.
Required Skills and Knowledge for all positions
- Strong management, organizational and co-ordination skills
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, and an ability to apply these in continually improving programme activities and performance
- Outstanding leadership and team building skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and teamwork skills, and ability to relate to others confidently
- Working to deadlines, multi-tasking and being flexible to adapt to changing priorities
- Being proactive and takes initiative
- Intermediate level competence in MS Office packages, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Fluent written and oral English language skills
Important note: Job offer for all positions is dependent on the award of the project to the consortium by DFID.
Closing date: Jul 28, 2016
Applicants fulfilling the required competencies, qualification and experience can send their application and required credentials by e-mail to Deloitte Consulting Plc., Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, e-mail:
or submit their application in person to the Office at Wollo Sefer, Mina Building, 5th Floor on or before 28
of July 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.